Ottawa Frontrunners (OFR) is a run club for the GLBT community that meets twice weekly for running and socializing. Most of our members are men, but we have a growing number of women as well. We have members of all ages; the majority are in their 30s and 40s. Most runs have members running 5, 7, and 10 km (3, 4.5, and 6 miles, respectively) at various paces, and nobody runs alone.
Some members of the club are training for longer distances such as half marathons and marathons and as the group grows we may set up specific training groups. We also have several members who walk, runners recovering from injuries, as well as partners or friends of runners.
All runs begin at the Lisgar Street entrance of City Hall, 111 Lisgar. Runs are held:
- Tuesdays at 6:30 pm, after which we go for coffee
- Saturdays at 9:00 am, followed by breakfast
Cancellation of runs are rare, only owing to holidays and hazardous weather. When runs are cancelled, we post a notice on this site and send an e-mail to members.
In addition to our bi-weekly runs, we participate in a few races together over the year. These break up the routine and are often races most of the members would participate in anyway, such as the Ottawa Race Weekend. When possible we formally register as a team.
2018–2019 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Female co-chair: Caterina L.
- Male co-chair and Web master: José Mari P.
- Finance: Doug W.
- Member-at-large (Races and Training Coordinators; IFR Canadian Representative): Marcel F.
- Member-at-large (Social Coordinator): Alain G.
- Member-at-large (Translation Coordinator): Vincent L.
- Member-at-large (Outreach Coordinator): Caterina L. and Chris Y.
- Member-at-large: Charley B.