Click on the logo to access the organization’s Web site.
- A group of people for the GLBT community who meet every Monday and Wednesday nights from September through May for fun nights of volleyball in the nation’s capital. Mondays are recreational and the Wednesdays are competitive with fixed teams.
- The mission of LOG/OPALE is to enhance the quality of life for lesbians in the Ottawa–Gatineau area. We provide a forum where members can meet, socialize, and organize themselves for recreational and outdoor activities. Activities are organized by the members. Five general meetings followed by a social gathering and potluck are held each year.
- The Ottawa Date Squares is a gay and lesbian friendly club open to everyone in the National Capital region and elsewhere who wishes to learn modern square dancing in a friendly, welcoming, sociable, fun and active setting. It actively participates in local, regional, national and international square dance events hosted by a variety of clubs and associations, both gay and straight.
- OGGHA promotes hockey in the National Capital’s gay community and is open to gays, lesbians, and heterosexual players. The OGGHA is committed to promote recreational and social environment and to contribute to charitable organizations within the community.
- The Ottawa Out Golfing Group (OOGG) is a friendly, recreational golf group for lesbian women, gay men, bisexual and transgendered persons, and their supporters, of all skills and abilities (beginner through to expert). The National-Capital-based group plays golf weekdays and weekends at courses in and around Ottawa and Gatineau from mid-April through to the end of October.
- The Ottawa TimeOut Hiking Club is a hiking and snowshoeing club for members of the GLBT community and their friends. Trail destinations are mostly parks in Eastern Ontario and West Quebec ranging from nearby Gatineau Park to as far as the Adirondack Mountains in New York state. Hiking season runs approximately May to October with 1 or 2 events per month. In winter, we switch to snowshoes and continue exploring nature trails.
- The Ottawa Wolves RFC is the first predominantly gay rugby team in the National Capital Region. The Wolves mission is to promote and encourage participation in the game of rugby among those who have traditionally been under-represented in the game, specifically the gay community.
- Ottawa’s gay and lesbian curling league. Membership is open to all gays and lesbians in the Ottawa area with any level of curling ability, from a total rookie to a seasoned veteran. Individuals are welcome to join as a full member or as a spare.
- The Ottawa Rideau Speedeaus are primarily a gay, lesbian, and bisexual swim team that welcomes members from the straight community as well. They practice several times per week and participate in competitions and hold an annual tournament and dance. Many members of Ottawa Frontrunners cross train with the Speedeaus.